- Classic ASP file upload limit of 200kb in IIS 7L
- Find Column with Lower Case Text
- 0x8007232B DNS Name Does Not Exist Error on Windows Activation
- How to update a column with incrementing numbers
- How to get top N rows for each group?
- How to put a column into a delimited form
- How to export results of a stored procedure to a txt file
- Parsing delimited words from a column
- How to get N-th max value
- How to get a random row from a table
Generate GUID Values in ASP
In ASP, you have a couple ways to create a GUID. One of our favorite ways was posted to the newsgroups a while back by Peter Watt. It uses the Scriptlet type library to generate the value, like this
guid = server.createobject("scriptlet.typelib").guid
As with all Windows GUID operations, this method uses the current system time to create the unique value. Of course, to take advantage of this technique, you'll need the Scrobj.dll installed on your server (available in the latest Scripting Engine downloads from the Microsoft MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com/scripting).
Source: Mike D. Jones