- Classic ASP file upload limit of 200kb in IIS 7L
- Find Column with Lower Case Text
- 0x8007232B DNS Name Does Not Exist Error on Windows Activation
- How to update a column with incrementing numbers
- How to get top N rows for each group?
- How to put a column into a delimited form
- How to export results of a stored procedure to a txt file
- Parsing delimited words from a column
- How to get N-th max value
- How to get a random row from a table
Identifying Browsers using ASP
Using the BrowserType object, your ASP pages can detect the type for browser being used to download the page. In addition, you can also test the browser for specific capabilities.
The following code demonstrates how you can use the BrowserType object:
<% SET bc = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType") %>
Browser = <%= bc.browser %>
Version = <%= bc.version %>
Frames = <%= bc.frames %>
Tables = <%= bc.tables %>
Background Sounds = <%= bc.BackgroundSounds %>
VBScript = <%= bc.vbscript %>
The browser and version type are retrieved from the browser hitting the ASP page, the specific capabilities are stored in the server's Browscap.ini file.