- Classic ASP file upload limit of 200kb in IIS 7L
- Find Column with Lower Case Text
- 0x8007232B DNS Name Does Not Exist Error on Windows Activation
- How to update a column with incrementing numbers
- How to get top N rows for each group?
- How to put a column into a delimited form
- How to export results of a stored procedure to a txt file
- Parsing delimited words from a column
- How to get N-th max value
- How to get a random row from a table
Home :: Tips & Tricks :: Windows (misc)
Locking out the Shift Key on Startup
Regarding getting Startup programs to run even if the shift key is held down, the way to do this is to run the programs using ''Run'' in the registry. Click Start, Run, type regedit, and press Enter. Now, navigate to
Create a string key named according to the program you want. Make the string value equal to the full path of the program and include any parameters you wish to pass. Once you''ve placed the programs here, you can remove them from the startup group. They''ll run at every logon, Shift key or no Shift key.
Another easy way to do this without using RegEdit is to download a freeware utility called RunServices. This program allows you to add and remove programs from the registry ''Run'' key. You can get a copy of RunServices at http://www.softinca.nnov.ru/rs/
Source: Windows Sysadmin Tips